Connect Vending Ltd is an industry leading food, & beverage solutions company.
Known for creative use of technology as well as a progressive stance on sustainability and other social important issues. Connect Vending crafts solutions through a consultative process. Specifically targeting the business & industry sector.
Connect is on a mission to fill a gap in the market for an organisation to become best in class provider of food & beverage solutions in the workplace.
Despite the impact of the pandemic Connect has demonstrated year on year growth throughout. As a result, we are looking for the right business development candidates to join on our journey.
Focused on generating new business through a full sales cycle approach.
The candidate would seek out prospect business focusing on both SME & Enterprise segments of the UKs workplaces.
Connect prides itself on developing its sales force with a philosophy of a consultative solution selling approach in which we seek to provide creative solutions to client needs.
Connect has a strong reputation in the market which is backed up by being voted as the operator of the year.
Connect has developed a strong inbound marketing function offering great support to help reinforce brand messaging to key accounts and generate additional interest for you to convert.
The role is typically 2 to 3 days a week in the office which is based in Oxfordshire and 2 days on site with clients. Ideally you are based in or around M1, M40, M4 / London area but Connect will consider people outside that patch if they have the right skill set.
Connect offers a comprehensive onboarding and product training experience to get the right candidate up to speed.
In addition, due to the rapid growth Connect is expecting the successful candidate to be part of a prospective growth plan which if capable will lead on to leadership roles within the business plan from relatively early on. This route is exemplified through our junior management programme which leads on to our Senior management teams and directorship.
In addition the organisation has a Corporate social responsibility committee which looks to broaden and improve our business in the modern world allowing people at all levels to make an impact.
Embedded at the heart of the 26 year success story of Connect is training and development culture. Any successful candidate would be taken on a continuous learning and development plan through their career which aims to unlock the true potential of your ability to engage with consultative solution selling.
- Qualifying and booking your own appointments from an existing customer base (calling/social media/networking).
- Cold Calling entirely new prospects or referral business.
- Monitor and report to line manager on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Attend business to business sales meetings
- Presentations to potential customers – selling capital equipment & selling solutions.
- Negotiate and close business.
- Develop a set geographical area.
- Hit variety of KPIs & sales targets.
The candidate should possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to identify and develop sales opportunities. You need to be outgoing, confident, well presented and have a positive attitude with the ability to develop strong relationships with clients. An ability to engage on a emotional level with clients whilst maintaining rationale thinking about all parties objectives. The candidate should have clear aspirations, drivers and motivations, communicating these well is important.
- A minimum 2 years commercial experience is required.
- Ideally educated to undergraduate level or above.
- IT literate – Intermediate Microsoft excel and word skills.
- Good commercial awareness and a proven track record within a direct sales role would be of benefit. Basic understanding of Profit & loss accounts, cashflow forecasting and balance sheets would be helpful although not essential.
- Excellent business writing and time management skills.
- Good influencing and customers service skills.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to converse with a diverse audience.
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Hands on approach
- Confident, Creative and Initiative
- Professional, enthusiastic and focused
- Ability to be able to multitask
- Ability to work as part of a team
The above is intended to be a brief description of the general nature of the level of work being performed and not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the role.